News entry content
The Community Development Trust (“CDT”) celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2019. It was an extraordinary year of milestones and record growth. Continuing our mission to support the capital needs of communities throughout the country, we are pleased to report record-breaking achievements in both raising and deploying capital. With our dedicated staff and board of directors, and our family of long-term investors and partners, we have now exceeded $2 billion in total investments over 20 years.
Our 2019 highlights include:
- A record $40 million in capital deployed;
- 3,188 units preserved and created; 30,000 units now in portfolio;
- 3 new charter school financings totaling $35 million and serving over 1,600 students;
- A record 12 new properties acquired, totaling $190,000,000;
- CDT completed the draw-down of its $85 million Series D capital raise, the largest in our history.
In this newsletter, CDT is proud to further highlight several of these achievements, including summaries of new investments and the partners that allow us to continue our commitment to improving the lives of the people in the communities we support.
CDT is well positioned to continue as a national leader in community development finance. We look forward to growing our community impact in 2020 and beyond.
You can read more about our work by clicking the links below.